Sometimes, it isn’t about being philosophical or inspiring. It is just simple.
I ride my bike. I like to ride my bike.
I race my bike. I like to race my bike.
1. I ride my bike to eat. I have been known to plan my meal for after the ride before I even start riding. The better the post-meal, the better the ride.
2. I ride my bike to be in the sun. Tanlines or no tanlines, warm sun is good. And if it isn’t warm, I just pretend it still is downright balmy and put on some embrocation and call it a day.
3. I ride my bike to explore. What better way to see the world than on 2 wheels?
4. I ride my bike because it is faster than walking. I hate walking. Bikes >Rollerblades>Running>Wheelchairs>Walking
5. I ride my bike to stay healthy. Even if sometimes you crash and become unhealthy, bike riding is good for your body and your soul.
6. I race my bike because I am competitive. I used to always have to win Candyland.
7. I race my bike because I like the camaraderie. I just love my team. I love their intelligence and their motivation.
8. I race my bike because I like to do things I am good at. I liked Candyland because my sister and parents let me win.
9. I race my bike because I have unfinished business with the bike. My bike owes me a thing or two for the sacrifices I have done for her.
10. I race my bike because I can. Why not? Wouldn’t you?