Although I gave Aspen a hard time for limiting my oxygen and bike racing capabilities, I took a couple of “pearls of wisdom” back to sea level with me:
A morning in Aspen.
- Don’t go grocery store shopping in Aspen unless you are looking for a new Louis Vuitton handbag.
- Ensure your make up and outfit is properly coordinated before entering the town of Aspen.
- Maroon Bells is absolutely beautiful. Be careful of bears crossing the road. They are kind of like a marmot, but a lot larger.
- Don’t bother flying commercial into Aspen. Take your G6. That way you will fit in.
- If you have to do a time trial, don’t. Or at least don’t even think you will go fast, even if the air is thinner.
- Don’t be discouraged by feeling winded after climbing the stairs. Just take the elevator next time. No sense in wasting any additional energy.
- The people of Aspen accepted the bike racers with open arms and high energy. I truly loved that.
Chalk on the Hill Climb!