The first NRC stage race is complete. It is only March. Only March. We have a long way to go for the rest of the year and will continue to build upon this race.
With 8 strong riders we tried to win a bike race, and sometimes things don’t always go as planned. At least we went down with our guns blazing. End of Story.
Being a sacrificial lamb may not be all that it is cracked up to be, but at least it will make me stronger. It was my first time at Redlands, and I loved the courses, the people, and the energy.
I will be back, Redlands, California. Wherever you are.
I loved our new Look 585s with the kits and sweet HED wheels.
Things accomplished and learned:
1) I know where to get a good burger. Eureka! Burgers
2) Got some good racing in my legs against some of the best in the world. Ina? Neben? Check. Check.
3) I know a great family to go visit (Thanks, Hensler’s) but beware of the killer 5mos old Terrier, Rex!
4) Learned a thing or two about bike racing, tactics, and team work.
5) 1st NRC race of the year in the books
6) A peanut butter, egg, avocado bagel sandwich with a sprig of spinach to up the annie is good stuff.
7) Orange blossoms smell delicious, yet while racing, sensory stimulants like orange blossoms, roses, or watered lawns are not appreciated as much.
8) There is barely any cell service for VZ in Redlands. Who would have thought?
9) Redlands is known as the Jewel of the Inland Empire.
10) Lots to learn for the team and myself as we grown together, but we are on a roll to make it happen in 2010.
It is March. Big things to come.